Our business address is The Hardwick, Old Raglan Road, Abergavenny NP7 9AA. Directions to us are available by calling us on 01873 854220 or via our website on ‘the Directions’ tab of the website.
As we are situated just outside Abergavenny, this allows very good access to public travel for guests should they require this as an alternative means of travel.
Stagecoach are the main bus service within Abergavenny. All new buses in which were built after 31st December 2000 must comply with the safety criteria to allow access to wheelchair users.
We are situated within a short distance from the main train station.
There is a taxi rank outside the Station, which provides taxis, some are accessible by manual wheelchair.
All buses allow wheelchair access (the ‘standard reference wheelchair’); Width 700mm, Length 1200mm, sitting height 1350mm, footrest 150mm and a turning radius not exceeding 1200mm (weight 300kg max) and are mobility scooter friendly.
Abergavenny has a bus station with bus stops located around the town.
Stagecoach is the main bus service within Abergavenny. All new buses, which were built after 31st December 2000 comply with the safety criteria to allow access to wheelchair users.
We use several taxi companies for guests who require a taxi service to their chosen destination. To pre-book a taxi, guests can call the Hardwick on 01873 854220.
The nearest coach station to us would be Abergavenny Bus/Coach Station, Monmouth Road, Abergavenny NP7 5HF. The distance is approximately 2 miles away and a 30 minute walk.
Car Parking and arrival
The Hardwick is situated on the B4598. We have a large car park. (See Map)
- The surface is laid with tarmac.
- There are designated car parking bays allocated for blue badge holders.
The Hardwick has a step free disabled access entrance that opens inwards.
The reception is located in the Bar on the ground floor.
- The Bar is step free and has level access throughout this area.
- The area has seats where a guest may sit and check in with assistance from the Front of House Team if required.
- We are also able to provide assistance with regards to luggage upon request.
- Although we do not offer familiarisation tours of the Hardwick, on check in detailed information can be provided e.g. the restaurant times and information for connection to the internet.
- Within each bedroom, there is an information folder, which contains detailed information about the Hardwick. We also inform each guest that we do not have a 24 hour reception.
This area is spacious with plenty of manoeuvrability and well lit, with natural lighting as well as wall lights around the bar. There is also plenty of seating for guests to use for lounging, checking in or waiting for taxis. Also there is an accessible toilet, which is situated by the entrance.
- There are public toilets in the bar/reception area.
- Well lit with bright lighting.
- The door width is 850mm.
- There is an emergency toggle within the public area accessible toilet.
Restaurant and Bar
- The Bar and Restaurant are located on ground level.
- The Bar and Restaurant are well lit with large windows allowing natural light.
- All areas within the Bar and Restaurant are spacious.
- Should there be a requirement for a table that has additional room for a wheelchair or mobility, furniture may be moved.
- There are different chair types within the bar and restaurant area such as bar stools, sofa area and dining chairs within the restaurant.
- The Bar & first dining area has tiled flooring, whilst the other restaurant areas have wooden flooring.
- The tables within the Bar and Restaurant are not affixed to the ground therefore may be moved for additional space for wheelchairs or mobility scooters.
- We have one accessible bedroom providing enough space for wheelchair and mobility access to guests.
- The bedroom has a king size bed with a wet room.
- Throughout the day there is a great deal of natural light which projects through the ceiling to floor windows.
- The wet room is complete with an adjustable shower head depending on the individuals comfort. There is also an emergency cord within the bathroom.
- All televisions within the hotel are adjustable for sound and brightness. Guests also have the option for subtitles if needed.
- All bedrooms within the hotel have non-allergenic bedding on request.
- There is flat carpet laid within the bedroom and tiling within the bathroom.
- The corridors to the bedrooms are well lit and the flooring is carpet.
- Dietary requirements can be catered for, please give information before arrival.
- The Abergavenny Shopping Centre, which is located approximately 2 miles (30 minute walk) from the Hardwick offer a shop mobility hire service, which covers Abergavenny town centre, with the aim to improve access for less abled people.
- They are located within the One Stop Shop, Town Hall, Cross street, Abergavenny NP7 5HD or can be contacted on 0800 2983656.
- They are able to offer electric powered scooters, electric wheelchairs or manual wheelchairs for shoppers who have mobility difficulty whether permanent or temporary.
- The use of fire exit signs with information and instructions are placed around the rooms and also within all of the public areas. The Hardwick also has signage in areas, which are used as a refuge point should a fire arise.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- The nearest pharmacy is Boots, 2 Cross Street, Abergavenny NP7 5EH.
- The nearest Accident and Emergency is Nevill Hall Hospital, Brecon Road, Abergavenny NP7 7EG.
We are always looking for ways to improve the service we provide for our guests, so please contact us if you have any comments or suggestions about the access statement or anything else that can improve your stay with us.